Sunday 20 April 2008

Busy week - immigration update

Had a busy week - worked five days and squeezed in a trip to London for my immigration medical. Dropped my boxers and had it confirmed I am male which was nice, and got a lecture about how there is more tobacco in cigars than cigarettes and how i should not drink coffee prior to medicals. They took blood, did a chest x-ray and if I hear nothing from them then everything is okay. Just had a day trip down there, but had time to wonder round a bit and stop for a post-medical beer at the Walkabout in Covent Garden.

Got my flat on the market too - will be in the property guide this coming Thursday. Hopeful it will sell relatively quickly. It's pretty crucial to my plans that I have it sold before I leave. It's been priced to sell, but will still make me a tidy return to use to support myself whilst getting set up out there and a downpayment on a house once i have established some credit.

Got my immigration interview date for the 27th May in the post yesterday, so another trip to London beckons at the end of next month. If all goes well there, then I should have my passport returned to me at the start of June complete with a K1 immigraton visa to enter and reside in the US of A.

So ... that just leaves planning a wedding and finding somewhere to live!

No comments: