Sunday 9 March 2008

Fantasy Sports

Nothing is likely to get the good ladies eyes rolling more than me mentioning Fantasy Sports.

But I love it!

For those who don't know, it's when you pick players or teams as yours and compete against others. You score points or wins based on real life performances.

I'm an avid sports fan - always have been. I get immense enjoyment from participating in competitive leagues with friends. I find it a great way to learn about players, history and mechanics of sports I enjoy, but don't know all that much about. As such, my two favourite Fantasy leagues to play in are baseball and American Football. Now ... it can be time consuming, and can somewhat take over. And maaaaaan, it can get frustrating! Why do my players sometimes not do as well as they should!!?? Oh yeah - it's based on real life - and that's the very essence of sport - you just never know what will happen.

Ginger sent me this article last week. It pretty much sums things up and is an excellent, funny read.

At the end of the day, it's a fun, free and educational way to spend your time. So please, when I'm up till 2am pouring over the free agents looking for that one player who is going to steal me some more bases but not decimate my RBI stats, forgive me - I'm having fun!

Oh, and keep your fingers crossed for the Scottish Sluggers this year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very cool stuff...I'm in tons of fantasy leagues...you might like my blog as well which talks about sports, movies, and dating:
http://thecorner33.blogspot.com/