Sunday 28 December 2008

Fantasy Baseball Dynasty League Rounds 9 & 10

Round 9...

... and time to fill a hole.

It's the 124th pick and I have been keeping tabs on a player still available who qualifies in one of the infield spots I have available. In 2008, he hit for more than .300 in average, over 30 Homers and over 100 RBI's. Sounds good, doesn't it? The problem is he actually went undrafted in most 2008 drafts as these figures are a significant increase on his previous achievements.

So who is the real Aubrey Huff?

I don't know. But, even if their is a 10% reduction in his stats for the upcoming year, i'll still be happy with them.

Positives on this pick: I think it really does solidify my power numbers considering the point in the draft.

Negatives: This is a dynasty league, and he isn't a young man. He turned 32 a few of days ago, so I'm going to have to find a 3B somewhere relatively soon. Time to start scouting minor leaguers. Position eligibility. There is a risk that he doesn't play 20 games at 3B next year (he plays as a DH at times) so looking forward, he may only be UTIL eligible in 2010. The other big worry is that he won't be very good next year!

Wow - I've brought myself down writing this!

At the end of the day, I have a player who performed excellently last year as my 3B. I am looking to win next year, and at this stage in the draft, he is a player who could certainly help me do that.

Negative thoughts be gone! Aubrey Huff, it's an honour to have you on board.

Round 10

Ha! What do you do if you pick a player where general consensus is that he outperformed last year and you know will be derided by many for doing so in the previous round?

Apparently you do it again in the 10th!

I chose Ryan Ludwick with the 129th pick as my second OF.

For a bit of a change from me describing my pick, i'll direct you to this discussion on Fantasy Baseball Cafe about possible busts in '09. As you can see there are differing opinions.

At the end of the day, my man hit 37 Homers with 113 RBI's last year. He should be batting behind Pujols for the majority of this year so he is in a great line up position.

I'll take him at this point in the draft.
--------------

I expect there to be some who have been following this who think I have gone totally off the tracks in the last two rounds. I'm out to prove you wrong, but must admit, there is a mixture of hope and confidence that I can do so.

No comments: