Tuesday 30 December 2008

Fantasy Baseball Dynasty League Rounds 13 & 14

Looking at my roster it's pretty clear to me what I need to do in these two rounds. I need to fill that OF spot and get myself a closer. Mission Objective Defined. Time to go forth and conquer.

Round 13

With pick 179 and a space to be filled in OF, it would have been criminal to pass up on Torii Hunter at this point. Again, it's testimony to the youth centric nature of this draft that he is still available at this stage. Looking at the Median Draft Position provided by 'rookies and cream' at The Fantasy Cafe, you can see he has been going around pick 100 in mocks and drafts so far this year. A bargain in the 13th round.

Again, the same fears arise that my team is too old for a Dynasty League, but to win in 2009, it can't be all talent. We do have an MiLB draft coming up so I am really going to have to do well in that. I have the 3rd pick and I expect I know who the first 2 players taken will be, so I have started to plan my youth movement.

Very happy with this pick. Torii's speed is an added bonus to an all round solid veteran player.

Round 14

Needed Saves, Matt Capps was who I considered the best available, so I took him. Nothing really else to say ... so I won't bore you further.

No comments: