Tuesday 30 December 2008

Fantasy Baseball Dynasty League Rounds 11 &12

If rounds 9 and 10 were 'old and risky', then 11 and 12 were 'young and sexy ... and risky.'

Round 11

The K master, Mr Johnny Cueto.

He arrived on the scene last year on a wave of hype and didn't quite deliver. The K's were there, but there were a few too many Home Runs given up and an unacceptabley high ERA. Still, this is a Dynasty League and I believe my young Red will be something special over the years. I may not even start Cueto at the beginning of the season - keep him benched and see how he does. I can always throw him in if I need K's in a tight H2H match-up. This really was a signing for the future. My team was looking so very old compared to most, and I wanted to get a young gun on my staff. And with a fastball like his, he can certainly shoot.

Round 12

Time to fill that big gaping hole at SS.

There was one player I fancied from the remaining pool, and this pick may be considered a reach for him. I somewhat expect, and dearly hope, for great things from Mike Aviles of the Royals in the future.

He blazed onto the scene hitting .325 in 109 games last year. He had 8 SB's so he has a bit of speed. A definite plus for him is the fact he will qualify for 2B status next year as well, so if the unthinkable happens and Lord Kinsler gets hurt again, he'll be an option to cover.

A young talent who could break out in a big way next year, and could be a top SS in the years to come.

Happy with this pick, be it deemed a reach or otherwise.

No comments: