Friday 5 December 2008

Fantasy Baseball 2009

Well, Fantasy NFL is nearly done for the year. I missed the draft and the autodraft messed up, filling my bench with low ranked QB's so a successful run was never likely. I'm currently 6-7, looking to get to evens and then make a run in the consolation play-offs. I've done well with my team, and as we are able to keep 1 player for next year based on where we drafted them, my FA pick up of Matt Ryan has me salivating.

Fantasy NBA is well underway - my team is doing well. Took King James with the 1st overall and snagged Danny Granger with the 1st pick of the 3rd. Got my mancrush Rudy Fernandez late on too. So I love my team, it's doing well ... but ... I just find Fantasy NBA a bit dull.

I'm ready for some Baseball!! But it's months away!!

My main team is about to start it's 3rd year in a keeper league. I love this team. We keep 5 players and this is my plans at the moment:



Looking at the mock drafts going on, I have 3 first rounders in 10 team leagues, and this is a 12 team one, in A-Rod, J-Roll and Kinsler. Add in Morneau and that is a very solid in-field. I swayed on keeping Markakis or Granderson, but plumped for Markakis and managed to trade Granderson for a draft pick bump, believing he wouldn't make it back to me in the 8 spot on draft day.

Draft plans - looking to take 3 Starters in my first 5 picks and attempt to get some sort of a rotation. There is some wiggle room in our league settings for next year in doing a few daily add/drops so pitching depth doesn't overly concern me. Will need to keep a close eye on Saves - don't want to draft them too early but don't want to be left out completely at the start of the season either. Catcher position is just a touch deeper than normal so i'm in no rush to fill that. I made a mess of that last year - J.R. Towles - and ended up using multiple Catchers throughout the year.

So ... the brain is getting in gear for the 2009 season already. I have Burnett on my team and I'm hopeful I can get someone to bite on giving up a draft pick for him if he lands in Boston or New York, but it's not likely. They're a savvy bunch in my league.

Thanks for reading, and if you need a smile, picture the Scottish Sluggers preparing for battle during this cold, bleak winter.

No comments: